Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FoxSoccer.com: FIFA Considering Cutting International Friendly Dates.

Really interesting article on Fox Soccer's website tonight. Apparently FIFA is considering dropping some of the international friendly dates or even merging some dates, in order to try and please major European Clubs.

Now I'll readily admit that I am more a fan of club football than internationals. I enjoy the World Cup, of course, as well as the Olympic Tournament and the major Championships, but I hate seeing the club season interrupted so we can have friendlies, though many of those dates coincide with Championship qualifying.

More than that, I wish MLS would sign on to the FIFA calendar, at least for international breaks. Having to play a vital home match down the stretch without half of your team kind of sucks.

Here is the article at Fox Soccer. I recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment