Monday, July 4, 2011

Copa America: Brazil vs. Venezuela

Now I've watched a lot of soccer this weekend, but when I went to pull up Brazil on the DVR, I expected to be more entertained than I was watching the USL game of the week. I was mistaken.

I mean, hey, come on, it's BRAZIL! They've come to define "The Beautiful Game." Well, much like their archrivals Argentina, they fell flat on their face to an obviously inferior opponent. Not even a goal in sight in this match.

Lets give credit to Venezuela though. They did what they needed to do to get a result. What they did was load up the midfield. Now, you'd still think a team like Brazil could handle this. You'd be wrong though. I think it was mostly because they played more like an All Star team than a cohesive team. It was like a lot of folks stood around to see what Neymar, Pato, and Robinho were gonna do. They had a really hard time organizing a cohesive attack against the Venezuela squad.

They tried though. Pato had a shot saved in the 32nd, and Brazil tried to claim a penalty in the 39th. Neymar had a shot go off target in the 44th, but that was about it.

The match finished 0-0 as none of Brazil's football wizards could pull a game winner out of their hat. Can we please get some goals in the Copa please?

No comments:

Post a Comment